Friday, June 10, 2005

Finally, she called it a day............

For many people, 32 years of marriage is a great achievement, but not the case with mbakTerri. For her 32 years it was nothing but an endless pain and sorrow. My first impression on her when we were together in the same group going for a hajj pilgrimage back in 2003 was, she was a very nice, patient and friendly lady who was accompanied by her loving, nice and dedicated husband. They seemed to be meant for each other. I even envied them for having the luxury of being together without kids bugging around since theirs are already in their teen ages, one of them is already a married woman.

It was last Thursday nite when some hajj friends and I got together for dinner found out that it was a hell of marriage she had been through for the last 32 years of her life. She finally declared that her husband and she have finally settled for a divorce! A divorce? That word came to me as thunder storm. This might be something ordinary for celebrities or many young couples of today's generation but certainly not with mbak Terri and her husband. The only thing I remember about last Thursday's dinner was that all of us ended up speechless listening to her unbelievable story. Her husband and his portfolio mistresses, the physical and verbal abuse were among the major pains she had to face and suffer. Even during the hajj pilgrimage she found out that her husband was still in intense communication with one of his mistresses through the sms!

I could not say a word but admiring her for her huge amount of patience and keikhlasan, two things that I still have to learn more and more. She really has the biggest capacity to carry and live with these two aspects. If this case ever come to me, amit..amit...tok..tok...I could not imagine what would happen to my husband, gue sunat kali ya..??

I truly believe in Allah's plan and also believe that He would provide the best and most proper one to each of us. That's why after being able to pull myself together listening to her horror story, my rational sense finally signaled that this might be the best thing for her and her children. I am glad that she was finally able to make up her mind and stood independently on her two feet and declared: " enough is enough, I finally called it day after 32 years!!!" Subhanallah! My prayers and heart go to you mbak Terri........ I am sure Allah really loves you and your kids, and He already got a bigger plan for you. I am quite sure she wouldn't have problem dealing with her new life. In fact she looks fresh, relieved and even more beautiful and we kind of giggled when she proudly declared " I'm a jomblo now!".

Life is always a mystery...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read » »